We’re going big with this tiny studio. It’s maybe, maybe, 300 sqft? It’s in Cobble Hill in Brooklyn, and simply put, this spot my friend Tyler found is, perfect. I won’t even start with how great a deal all these items cost us. Here’s a sneak peak. Until more…
It’s actually both. At least in a teeny NYC apartment it is. Here’s how you make it work:
- Find a small desk (2’x4′ is drastically smaller than anything 5′ long. And it helps not overwhelm. I love this CB2 one.
- Light colors furniture makes it feel bigger
- Not everything needs to be wood! Get some metal in there. Scared? Make it clean white.
- Mirrors make everything feel bigger! And clear glass is clean and spacious. (Urban Outfitters has a relatively fair priced living section where you can find one)
- A beautiful day bed also serves as a sofa, takes up less space, and no longer has to be a weird trundle. (Though yeah, those are pretty great, too). I’m loving this West Elm bed in walnut.
- And a beautiful Turkish fabric pillow? That makes everything better. (ala Etsy)